Wiki Billing for CPR outside of the office building??

karlam

Networker
Best answers
Hello! Can we bill for an office visit or CPR if our provider and nurse were on the scene of an auto accident outside of the building in the roadway? Police and nearby ER staff also joined in giving CPR until the ambulance arrived. We are an urgent care and family practice company.

Thanks so much!!

That is a good question. I know during the PHE, there was official guidance stating you could count your parking lot as part of your office, or other temporary "tent" space. I don't think you could stretch that to the roadway.
I personally would consider it a good deed and a point for karma.

That is a good question. I know during the PHE, there was official guidance stating you could count your parking lot as part of your office, or other temporary "tent" space. I don't think you could stretch that to the roadway.
I personally would consider it a good deed and a point for karma.
Hi, do you have any sources for the guidance stating the parking lot is part of the office?

I think it was maybe on a Medicare FAQ? or the AMA telehealth guide? Or a CMS other guidance (we were getting several a week at one point)? I can't recall and couldn't quickly locate official guidance. It was intended to be during the height of the pandemic when NY hospitals were literally setting up tents outside. Even my gynonc practice at one point was doing drive-by covid swabs for pre-surgical patients who couldn't be accommodated at the actual covid testing locations.
I did locate some unofficial guidance: