Wiki CPC-A Removal

Best answers
Okay so I'm submitting to have my A removed and I took my course online through AAPC and didn't have an instructor. I have my certificate of completion from the course, but what do I put down for the correspondent information? I already have all the information from my employer.

Thank you in advance!

1697047833428.png

I am in the same boat! So confused. I did Practicode as well, which counts for the experience, but unsure how to do that one..

If I find out, I'll let you know!

I don't think you have to submit anything if you did the course through AAPC. See here: Completion of either the CPC or COC Preparation online courses will waive 80-hours of coding education which waives one year work experience towards the A removal. The student does not need to submit proof of course completion, AAPC will verify this experience as met once the course is completed.

Regarding the second question, "The Practicode CPC-A Practicum is now another way to earn 1 year of coding experience toward the removal of your "A"."
It is the same as above where they already know you completed it. You can find it in tiny, tiny writing here: https://www.aapc.com/practicode/cpc-a-practicum.aspx
*Note: Successful completion of all three modules/assessments with 70% or higher is required for removal of one year of your apprentice designation requirement. Removal of your one-year requirement will happen automatically upon successful completion of the full Practicode bundle. If you purchased modules/assessments separately, contact info@aapc.com once you have completed all with 70% or higher accuracy.

I don't think you have to submit anything if you did the course through AAPC. See here: Completion of either the CPC or COC Preparation online courses will waive 80-hours of coding education which waives one year work experience towards the A removal. The student does not need to submit proof of course completion, AAPC will verify this experience as met once the course is completed.

Regarding the second question, "The Practicode CPC-A Practicum is now another way to earn 1 year of coding experience toward the removal of your "A"."
It is the same as above where they already know you completed it. You can find it in tiny, tiny writing here: https://www.aapc.com/practicode/cpc-a-practicum.aspx
*Note: Successful completion of all three modules/assessments with 70% or higher is required for removal of one year of your apprentice designation requirement. Removal of your one-year requirement will happen automatically upon successful completion of the full Practicode bundle. If you purchased modules/assessments separately, contact info@aapc.com once you have completed all with 70% or higher accuracy.

Agreed.

You do not need to submit an apprentice removal form if you did the AAPC CPC course and Practicode. AAPC already had the records of those.

The apprentice removal template is to submit information that AAPC doesn't already have, such as an employer letter or another qualified coding course not through AAPC.

I never submitted an apprentice removal form, because I did the AAPC CPC course and Practicode. It was automatically updated within a few weeks of my completion.