Wiki Humana Denials 71271

KELLEYB

New
Best answers
Is anyone having an issue with Humana paying 71271 with ICD-10 Z87.891? We are billing professional only with a 26 modifier. We have been paid up until December and now claims are denying for DX code.

Is anyone having an issue with Humana paying 71271 with ICD-10 Z87.891? We are billing professional only with a 26 modifier. We have been paid up until December and now claims are denying for DX code.

Is this for commercial or Medicare? I only ask because I was looking up the Medicare coverage info to see if there were any recent changes, and it occurred to me that you might be talking about a commercial plan instead.

(We don't really have any commercial Humana in my area - it's pretty much all Medicare, so my instinct for Humana is always to jump right to looking up Medicare policies/LCD/NCD.)

Last edited:
Is this for commercial or Medicare? I only ask because I was looking up the Medicare coverage info to see if there were any recent changes, and it occurred to me that you might be talking about a commercial plan instead.

(We don't really have any commercial Humana in my area - it's pretty much all Medicare, so my instinct for Humana is always to jump right to looking up Medicare policies/LCD/NCD.)
This is for Medicare products.

We encountered the same issue. I tried resubmitting a claim with Z12.2 as the first listed DX and received payment. Not sure why they changed their policy as I couldn't find anything about this on their website.