Wiki Letter of Agreement for someone to go through CPC training if they stay for say 2 years with company

nmvoege

New
Best answers
We used to have the option (long time ago) to have people sign a LOA that if they stayed 2 years with the company in a coding related role, passed the course mandates (i.e. attendance) and the test w/in the 2 tries allowed - we as the company would pay for the CPC course. Does any company do this anymore? If so do you have a sample template and/or what your requirements are? Thanks

We used to have the option (long time ago) to have people sign a LOA that if they stayed 2 years with the company in a coding related role, passed the course mandates (i.e. attendance) and the test w/in the 2 tries allowed - we as the company would pay for the CPC course. Does any company do this anymore? If so do you have a sample template and/or what your requirements are? Thanks

I don't think it is unusual for a company to ask for a time commitment from an employee if the company is paying for a program. Whether it is a CPC course, or tuition for an associates/bachelors/masters degree.

My employer doesn't pay up front for the course and exam. They will reimburse the employee for the course and exam after the certification exam is passed.

(There's an agreement that is signed before the employee starts the course that spells out the conditions to be reimbursed for it - I don't have a copy of that right now, but it wouldn't fit your circumstance of the company paying up front anyhow.)