Wiki Seeking advice - CMS 1500 to 837P

cfwh671

Contributor
Best answers
I work for a small private clinic with only 1 provider. We usually generate less than 50 claims per week, most of them E/M visits. Due to the amount of claims, using a clearinghouse is not monetarily feasible so we bill in-house by submitting 1500 claim forms. One of our in-network payers is preparing to stop accepting claim forms and start only accepting 837 files or claims through a clearinghouse.

Can anyone recommend a cheap software that can create 837P files?

I work for an insurance company that has an online provider portal which allows providers to enter their claims into the portal. It then creates the EDI file that is loaded daily into our claims processing system for providers in the same situation as your practice is in. There is no charge to the provider to use the direct claims entry functionality of our provider portal. This function is available to both in-network and out-of-network providers so long as they have an account set up for our online provider portal. You might check to see if the carrier to see if they offer a similar type of service that would work for your practice.

I may mean having to do the extra work and paying for the additional labor for entering the claims into the provider portal after you've created the claim in your current billing software, however it may be less expensive in for your practice to go this route if it is available to you rather than purchasing additional software.

If you have questions or want additional info please don't hesitate to DM me and I'll happily do what I can to assist you with figuring this out.

Hello. Office Ally is relatively cheap to use. I believe it around $20.00 per month.

I support CBLENNIE recommendation, however, it that doesn't work, then I would try Office Ally.