Wiki Software & EMR Vendors

Catherine.

Networker
Best answers
I'm hoping that some of you may be able to assist me...
Our practice is in the process of selecting new Practice Management and EMR software. Have any of you worked in the past or are currently working with these vendors? If so, any feedback positive or negative would be greatly beneficial for us while we are in the midst of demonstrations. I'm looking specifically for how these systems effect work flow in the orthopaedic setting. We are currently evaluating:

Allscripts
Greenway Primesuite
NextGen
eClinicalWorks
Eclipsys
SRS (EMR only)

Please feel free to personally email me if you aren't comfortable sharing your comments in the list servs.

Thanks very much!

Catherine Nolin, CPC
Surgical & ASC Coder
Central Maine Orthopaedics, PA
690 Minot Ave, Suite One
Auburn, ME 04210
www.cmogroup.org
Phone (207) 344-2216
Fax (207) 784-2069

Catherine,

Our practice has been on Allscripts for 5 Years. PM and EMR. Pretty satisifed. the prebuilt templates were nothing to write home about. We are 5 years in, and we are still modifying and adding custom built templates.
Support is good software that is.. Hardware support through Allscripts was $$$$$ beyond belief. we ended up going wiith a 3rd party IT vendor.

We also are on Allscripts and have been for 2 years with the practice management software and 1 year with the EMR software. The training was not very helpful at all, the trainers they sent us not so good on their knowledge of the software. We have learned a lot of stuff on our own. I am pleased with the support they offer on the software and applications side. We also had to get a 3rd party to handle our IT support.

Also