Wiki Taking Billing Back In House

Best answers
So, we are in wound management and are about to take all of our RCM back from a billing company. We have already contacted the company and we will not need to change our software. However, I wonder if anyone has done this before and can advise regarding what steps are necessary. I am trying to comprise a comprehensive action plan to implement for the change over.

If you are billing out of your EMR, you will need to contact the insurance companies for clearinghouse changes. If you don't do this, insurance companies will not accept claims electronically or send you electronic remits.

If you are billing out of your EMR, you will need to contact the insurance companies for clearinghouse changes. If you don't do this, insurance companies will not accept claims electronically or send you electronic remits.
Thank you. We will continue using the same EMR. We will just be managing the billing and AR in house

Assuming your EMR has a billing module built-in, and old billing company was using your EMR billing system to send claims from your EMR, then just start billing (Normally, clearinghouses enroll practices for EDI, ERA, Eligibility by practice and by providers). Your enrolment of the practice & providers must be in your practice name.
If that is not the situation i.e., they were using their software for billing, then you need to do quite a bit. Let me know I will try to get you the list of the information you need from them before you start submitting claims.

Sorry for the late reply. We were able to take over the providers account with the software since the information was under the provider and not the billing company. It has been quite a ride, I tell ya.

Assuming your EMR has a billing module built-in, and old billing company was using your EMR billing system to send claims from your EMR, then just start billing (Normally, clearinghouses enroll practices for EDI, ERA, Eligibility by practice and by providers). Your enrolment of the practice & providers must be in your practice name.
If that is not the situation i.e., they were using their software for billing, then you need to do quite a bit. Let me know I will try to get you the list of the information you need from them before you start submitting claims.
If you are willing to share information, I'm looking to start using billing software and am seeking info on the best ones out there. Small operation to start. Any additional info on process you can share? TIA Much appreciated

Thank you so much for your response. We made it through the change over by the skin of our yellow country teeth lol. Enrollments have been funnnnnnn... not really.