Broadcast: Aug 11, 2017 at 12:30PM
On Demand Availability: August 11, 2017
Presenter: Jacqueline N Bloink, CPC, CPC-I
What you will learn:
Locations: Virtual (online)
Presentation Length: 4 Hours
Author: Jacqueline Bloink, MBA, RHIA, CFE, CHC, CPC-I, CPC, CMRS
The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act of 2010 (PPACA) requires all providers that bill Medicare and Medicaid to have a Compliance Program including a Compliance "point of contact." This requirement is known as a "condition of participation."
This webinar will assist medical offices to design a compliance program that is unique for their office. One important role within a compliance program is having a point of contact, often known as a compliance officer. Learn how an employee of your office can be trained to hold this type of position.
Compliance is not just a set of rules and regulations, but rather a culture of ethical conduct as well as legal framework that offices should follow to be considered good community participants with healthcare dollars and patients.
Please join us as we prepare you to assist your office and employees in designing and implementing your unique healthcare compliance program. Also find out about AAPC’s credential, the Certified Professional Compliance Officer (CPCO), and how it prepares professionals for the compliance officer role in many healthcare settings.
In this presentation you will learn:
- Why compliance is important for all medical offices
- How compliance assists with the reduction of fraud, waste and abuse
- The background of compliance guidance from the Office of the Inspector General (OIG)
- 7 basic compliance elements needed in every compliance plan
- Why the yearly OIG Work Plan is important to review each year
- How coders and billers work with the compliance professional
- Corporate Integrity Agreements
- Whether it is enough to have a compliance program and does it have to be “effective”
- Career paths and roles for compliance professionals
- Certification study tips for those preparing for the CPCO exam
Register Today! Select a date below:
||$149.95 (Non Members: $189.95)
|| Watch Now
*On demand and virtual workshops are for single person use only and may not be rebroadcast,
retransmitted, shared or disseminated. A computer with a high speed Internet connection
and speakers (or headphones) is recommended to connect to the event.