Wiki 01992/aaqs - palmetto

jlb0807

Networker
Best answers
Hello!

I'm hoping someone can help. We just recently switched over from Cahaba to Palmetto. We are getting rejections on anesthesia claims that we don't understand. One of my doctors billed out an ESI and SNR. My other doctor is trying to bill out the anesthesia for the claim. The rejection that we are getting on the anesthesia says "procedure code inconsistent with modifier or required modifier is missing." Can anybody shed any light on this for us?

Doctor #1

Doctor #2
01992/AAQS

Thanks in advance!
Jessica

Hello!

I'm hoping someone can help. We just recently switched over from Cahaba to Palmetto. We are getting rejections on anesthesia claims that we don't understand. One of my doctors billed out an ESI and SNR. My other doctor is trying to bill out the anesthesia for the claim. The rejection that we are getting on the anesthesia says "procedure code inconsistent with modifier or required modifier is missing." Can anybody shed any light on this for us?

Doctor #1

Doctor #2
01992/AAQS

Thanks in advance!
Jessica

I'm not that familiar with Palmetto, but we use 01992 for 62323 & 01935-59 for 64483 since this is transforaminal epidural.

Last edited:
Hello,
it could be that Palmetto has stricter requirements for MAC. Palmetto's guidance for MAC states in part:

MAC provided by qualified anesthesia personnel may be reimbursed for these procedures only when one or more of the following conditions are met:

1. It qualifies for use of HCPCS modifier QS:

MAC is appropriate for:

• Combative patients
  • Patients with low pain thresholds or who experience severe pain
  • Situations where the surgeon anticipates the possible intra-operative expansion of a procedure
  • Any condition in a Medicare eligible pediatric patient less than 12 years of age
  • The patient has a physical status grade of P3 or higher noted in the medical record

https://www.palmettogba.com/palmetto/providers.nsf/DocsR/JJ-Part-B~7KWQYH7878