Wiki 0707T

https://karenzupko.com/subchondroplasty/ Because the AMA states - Category III Codes The following section contains a set of temporary codes for emerging technologies, services, procedures, and service paradigms. Category III codes allow data collection for these services or procedures, unlike the use of unlisted codes, which does not offer the opportunity for the collection of specific data. If a Category III code is available, this code must be reported instead of a Category I unlisted code. I would always use 0707T in 2022 unless payer specifically tells you otherwise.

Here's the CPT Lay Description for 0707T:

In a minimally-invasive, fluoroscopically-assisted procedure, the physician fills subchondral bone defects such as bone bruises, bone marrow lesions, microtrabecular fractures, or stress injuries with bone substitute material (BSM). Consisting of an engineered calcium phosphate mineral compound, this bone graft substitute imitates the properties of cancellous bone. During the healing process, the compound resorbs and is replaced with new bone. Sites on which this procedure is typically performed include the foot/ankle, hip, knee, or shoulder. In one scenario, the physician treats an affected knee in which a bone marrow lesion is identified on MRI. Based on the location of the defect, the approach and trajectory are planned. The physician performs arthroscopy of the knee in order to evaluate the extent of the injury to the tibial plateau, aid in targeting the underlying defect, and view and treat other joint structures. Under intraoperative fluoroscopic guidance, the bone defect is localized relative to the MRI findings. The appropriate delivery cannula is drilled to the desired depth in the bone defect and bone substitute material is injected. The arthroscope is used following injection to look for any material that has extravasated into the joint; this is evacuated if any is discovered. The physician leaves the cannula in place until the BSM begins to set. The cannula is then removed and the physician ensures that no excess BSM emerges from the insertion portal. Fluoroscopic imaging is performed to confirm that the BSM is properly placed. Incisions are closed and the patient observed. Imaging guidance and arthroscopic assistance are included in this procedure.

Would this code be only for the facility? If the facility purchases the kit and the physician ony injects it what would the physician bill out? For example if the physican does a steroid injection during surgery we could bill the 20610 but not the J1030 since we did not provide the depo. How would we correctly code this and also has anyone found the medicare allowable for 0707T?

Would this code be only for the facility? If the facility purchases the kit and the physician ony injects it what would the physician bill out? For example if the physican does a steroid injection during surgery we could bill the 20610 but not the J1030 since we did not provide the depo. How would we correctly code this and also has anyone found the medicare allowable for 0707T?
I'm honestly not very familiar with 0707T. I think I've only used this CPT code a few times. The only thing I know is that this category III CPT code went into effect on 1/1/22 and should be used when your provider is performing a subchondroplasty procedure. We used to have to report an unlisted code when a subchondroplasty was performed. I'm sorry I don't have an answer to your other questions. Hopefully another coder on this forum can help answer your questions. In the meantime, check out the below resources as they might help point you in the right direction: