Wiki 1 graft - 3 repairs

Best answers
good morning
i could use some help on this op note, I believe he did one graft to repair all 3 sites, how would this be coded? please see attached with my notes
TIA for the help

Attachments

• Image_002.pdf
    499.2 KB · Views: 8
The skin grafts are coded by recipient site and if multiple areas, they are to be grouped in the same code as what the descriptor described for. Example if coding for cheeks and hand you use 15240 if it's more than 20 sq cm you would use the add on code. [see cpt ama book, skin replacement surgery guidelines, pg 110-112]
I would use 15220[scalp] and 15240[hand], but not sure on the sq cm, I would question the provider to include more information so the sq cm can be determined.

The skin grafts are coded by recipient site and if multiple areas, they are to be grouped in the same code as what the descriptor described for. Example if coding for cheeks and hand you use 15240 if it's more than 20 sq cm you would use the add on code. [see cpt ama book, skin replacement surgery guidelines, pg 110-112]
I would use 15220[scalp] and 15240[hand], but not sure on the sq cm, I would question the provider to include more information so the sq cm can be determined.

yes but my question is one graft incision was used to repair all 3 sites, i can not code separate grafts without separate incisions

yes but my question is one graft incision was used to repair all 3 sites, i can not code separate grafts without separate incisions
I see what you’re asking. To my understanding, guidelines state code per recipient sites. I can’t find anything about needing separate incisions of donor sites in order to code the multiple recipients site.