New
Best answers
Roxie Sagely
49 SOUTH GREEN STREET
APT B
TUPELO, MS 38804
CELL. 731-439-6228
rox_danyel@live.com

Objective: I am currently in the process of relocating to the South Florida area within the next 6 months. I have had the opportunity to gain knowledge in coding, billing, and collections over the past 12 years in the medical field as well as earning the Management position, in 3 offices with over 80 patients every day. I have had the opportunity to work side by side with a Podiatrist for the past 10 years where I began as his Assistant. We make a great team and have gone above and beyond to make sure his needs as well as our patients' needs are taken care of to the greatest degree. I am scheduled to take the CPC Certification on March 30, 2019. I have obtained many skills over the years. I have the mindset of hard work brings success. If I am unsure of how to accomplish a goal, I will roll up my sleeves until the problem is solved. I am also willing to travel to advance my knowledge in the field and also to promote clientele. I would like obtain a position where I can utilize my skills in a challenging environment, thus achieving a high degree of work efficiency.

Skills/Qualification:
Charge Entry, payment posting, denials, appeals, referrals, Accounts Receivable, HIPPA compliance, Medical Charts, Basic A&P, Healthcare Setting, Medical Billing, Medical Administrative, Patient Registration, Collections, CPT Coding, ICD 9-10, CMS- 1500 CLAIM FORM, Superbill, Medicare/Medicaid Government Payers, Commercial Payers, DME Billing, Diabetic Shoes Billing/ Documentation, Handling Mail and Payments for Physician, Third Party Payers, Multi-tasking, Flexibility, Telephone Skills, Customer Service, Time Management, Organization, Attention to Detail, Scheduling, Word Processing, Professionalism, Quality Focus

Highlights of Qualifications:

• 10 years Experienced medical assistant for Podiatrist .12 years of experience in collections, aging reports, receptionist, along with all of the following skills, with a sensitive, caring, and professional attitude toward staff, patients, and their families.

• Friendly and outgoing with a pleasant manner and phone voice.

Relevant Skills and Experience:

Developed medical skills and efficiency on the job
- taking vital signs of patients
- assisting with gynecological/obstetric exams
- well-child check ups
- taking/developing x-rays
- assisting with surgery in the podiatry field such as:
o bunionectomy, ostectomy, osteotomy, plantar fascia release, excision of neuroma, tenotomy, metatarsal head resection, etc.
- cleaning/sterilizing intruments on a daily basis
- removing casts
- taking molds of feet for orthotics
- assisting with cortisone injections
- taking swabs for culture and sensitivity/ gram stain for labcorp
- fitting patients for diabetic shoes and inserts (also took care of all paperwork)

Administrative skills
- answering multiple phone lines for appointments, prescriptions, and any nursing related questions
- Filing charts/x-rays
- Confirming/rescheduling appointments
- Data entry
- Posting insurance claims
- Submitting/resubmitting claims to insurance companies
- Appealing/denial insurance claims
- Aging patient reports
-insurance follow up
-processing appeals
-denials
-correcting and rebilling claims
- researching unpaid claims