Wiki 26765 & 26236

sugarjoe

Contributor
Best answers
My doc says 26765 & 26236 are the codes that were done in the following procedure: Can anyone weigh in? I am not 100% in agreement with it.
26765 (open tx distal phalangeal fx.....) incision is made, bones are reapproximated & internal fixation may be used-the site was already open due to the amputation injury the patient sustained & no reduction of the fx was performed when I questioned my doc. In my inquiry, he also added that this was an open fx and it was treated with I & D and closure. I really could use some help and logic in understanding this.

Dx: Open left fifth finger fracture with avulsion

Procedure: Left fifth finger irrigation with debridement and repair of terminal avulsion

......Rongeur was then used to remove the distal and lateral aspect of the distal phalanx. There is no evidence of fx in the IP joint. The bone was rongeured back, curetted, irrigated. Skin edges were freshened with a 15 blade knife & tailored for partial closure. The terminal aspect was able to be sutured to skin to skin. Along, the lateral aspect, I sutured the subcutaneous tissue to the sterile matrix of the nail bed and more proximally also was then sutured skin to the nail bed. Bone was well covered. There was not full skin to skin coverage. However, I do feel that this will granulate and heal in well. The wound was irrigated and covered with Xeroform and a moist gauze and finger dressing applied.