Wiki 37246 for access site dissection post TAVR

jtuominen

Guru
Best answers
Wondering if there is anyone out there that would agree with 37246 for this situation:

Patient in CV Lab presents for percutaneous transfem TAVR (33361) successfully completed.
Access site angio for closure identified dissection of RT CFA with slow flow down leg.
Angioplasty performed and provides improved flow.

With 37220-37235 reserved specifically for atherosclerotic, occlusive disease, would you consider coding 37246 for this angioplasty of RT CFA, or would you instead consider it a component of overall safe access site closure and a component of 33361/not separately reportable?

I am coding for facility charges.

Thank you for your thoughts

Last edited:
Wondering if there is anyone out there that would agree with 37246 for this situation:

Patient in CV Lab presents for percutaneous transfem TAVR (33361) successfully completed.
Access site angio for closure identified dissection of RT CFA with slow flow down leg.
Angioplasty performed and provides improved flow.

With 37220-37235 reserved specifically for atherosclerotic, occlusive disease, would you consider coding 37246 for this angioplasty of RT CFA, or would you instead consider it a component of overall safe access site closure and a component of 33361/not separately reportable?

I am coding for facility charges.

Thank you for your thoughts

I agree with 37246.