Wiki 51715 billing

dawnha1

Contributor
Best answers
We are a Ambulatory Surgical Center and have started doing procedure code 51715 and I have a denial from UHC stating I didn't bill the L8606 with this. We bill on a UB 04 form and I need a revenue code for this. Everything I can find looks like this is a bill for the physician to bill not us. Can anyone give me any help on what I am doing wrong?

CPT code 51715 for the implantation of the collagen is to be reported once per treatment session, no matter how many units of collagen are used. HCPCS code L8603 pertains to each 2.5 ml syringe of collagen, or one unit. Therefore, report the number of syringes of collagen used as number of units. -- Article - Collagen Implantation for Urinary Incontinence - CMS
The HCPCS code L8603 is a drug/supply code, which should also make note of the NDC of the medication. The payment indicator for that code is N1:Packaged service/item; no separate payment made. That being said, I am not familiar with UB04s, but the CMS 100.4 does have information regarding this HCPCS code.