Wiki 59430

Korbc

Guru
Best answers
Hey everyone,

I have a patient who didn't deliver with us and came back for pp care. I see from some sources online this code should be billed 21 to 56 days pp, does that time frame still apply regardless if they were see sooner for a problem visit? Would I charge the office visit charge then for the problem visit and wait until they came back for a routine pp visit to charge the 59430 so we don't loose money. Or 59430 has to be charged always for the first visit right after delivery regardless of that 21 to 56 day time frame?

Thank you

Hey everyone,

I have a patient who didn't deliver with us and came back for pp care. I see from some sources online this code should be billed 21 to 56 days pp, does that time frame still apply regardless if they were see sooner for a problem visit? Would I charge the office visit charge then for the problem visit and wait until they came back for a routine pp visit to charge the 59430 so we don't loose money. Or 59430 has to be charged always for the first visit right after delivery regardless of that 21 to 56 day time frame?

Thank you
If the reason for the initial visit is significant complication of the pregnancy or delivery, then you can bill for this. 59340 is meant to cover routine PP care, not complicated PP care. Just be sure the documentation supports the level of service billed. Minor problems that might be expected after delivery may not support billing separately in the eyes of the payer.

If the reason for the initial visit is significant complication of the pregnancy or delivery, then you can bill for this. 59340 is meant to cover routine PP care, not complicated PP care. Just be sure the documentation supports the level of service billed. Minor problems that might be expected after delivery may not support billing separately in the eyes of the payer.
thanks!