Wiki 62368 during postoperative period

lcole7465

Expert
Best answers
My provider placed a pain pump and during the postoperative visit (99024) performed an adjustment (62368). Since this is during the global period for the pump implantation, the adjustment would be considered as a normal component of the postoperative visit and would no be separately billable? Correct?

TYIA

2020 AANS Guide to Coding: Mastering the Global Service Package for Neurological Surgery Services

I believe it would be supported in the above book which I don't currently own, but in the past I saw Medtronics reference regarding what is included with spinal cord stimulators. They potentially would know for pumps if their coding people who answer questions still have access to this resource. It is similar how people who do orthopedic coding use AAOS global surgery data guide to look at certain scenarios.

I don't believe they see programming of a pump as something is bundled. I believe if you bill it would go through with payment and if there was any question if it was bundled they would deny it. Not for sure but I thought it was similiar to reprogramming of stimulator and the service did not bundle.