Wiki 64483 and 64484

btauzin

Best answers
HELP - would I use a 51 or a 59 when billing these two codes together?

TFFESI @ L3-4, L4-5 was perfermoned on the right side

Hi there, 64484 is the add-on code or 64483. Unless you're billing a payer that has a really odd requirement you should be good-to-go without modifiers.

Descriptors:
  • 64483 Injection(s), anesthetic agent and/or steroid, transforaminal epidural, with imaging guidance (fluoroscopy or CT); lumbar or sacral, single level
  • 64484 Injection(s), anesthetic agent and/or steroid, transforaminal epidural, with imaging guidance (fluoroscopy or CT); lumbar or sacral, each additional level (List separately in addition to code for primary procedure)

Hi there, 64484 is the add-on code or 64483. Unless you're billing a payer that has a really odd requirement you should be good-to-go without modifiers.

Descriptors:
  • 64483 Injection(s), anesthetic agent and/or steroid, transforaminal epidural, with imaging guidance (fluoroscopy or CT); lumbar or sacral, single level
  • 64484 Injection(s), anesthetic agent and/or steroid, transforaminal epidural, with imaging guidance (fluoroscopy or CT); lumbar or sacral, each additional level (List separately in addition to code for primary procedure)
This is just for BCBS or UHC. I was always taught that anytime more than one surgical procedure code was billed that we needed to use the modifier 51 or 59. I'm guessing that is not the rule anymore.