Wiki 66821 Documentation Requirements

Best answers
I have had a question come across my desk for how old a refraction can be when making determination for Yag Laser and payer requirements. "What time frame does a refraction need to be done for Yag?" I cannot locate any specific information other than in the LCD; the visual acuity must be documented in the chart. Can anyone direct me where to look for visual acuity/refraction documentation requirements, and more specifically, when the tests need to be performed prior to for 66821? Thank you!

I have had a question come across my desk for how old a refraction can be when making determination for Yag Laser and payer requirements. "What time frame does a refraction need to be done for Yag?" I cannot locate any specific information other than in the LCD; the visual acuity must be documented in the chart. Can anyone direct me where to look for visual acuity/refraction documentation requirements, and more specifically, when the tests need to be performed prior to for 66821? Thank you!
Our office uses a one year rule; if the refraction was written within the last year, it is still "good". After that, the patient has to return for an exam.

Hope this helps!
David Keown, CPC, OCS