Wiki 85025 and 85060

No...we had the office perform 85025 where abnormal finding were found and then the doctor sent it to Bio reference for further review and for a written report CPT 85060. However Medicare has done a recoupment on the payment they made to us for 85025 stating that the "service was furnished by another provider"

Does the lab usually bill for test? If yes they may of billed also. Or if the patient had another appointment with primary care??? just throwing what ifs out there? If you have not called Medicare I would, sometimes the reason for recoup given is not the reason for take back. I attached something I found this on CMS website, read under background. Let me know if this helps, you can email me on personal email. I enjoy researching for answers, and of course in the process I learn something new.. happy4lsu@hotmail.com

Attachments

• CMS 85025 and 85060.pdf
    76.3 KB · Views: 25
Thank you so much for your help. I received further guidance from our senior coder and Bio reference would be entitled to the reimbursement. Thank for attaching the article above as well as this helps in clarifying.