Wiki 88331 & 88332

MCCONKEYT

Best answers
Am doing an audit of our pathology practice and not sure they have accurately reported all procedures. I see the documentation for both 88331 codes but I can't really figure out if we have the correct number of 88332. The RA1, RA2, RB1 are throwing me off plus the residua remarks. 88331 & 88332 are being reported on A1 as RA1 & RA2, and 88331 x 1 on B-RB1, right? Below is the dictation from the Path Billing Report.

88305 - Left Lower Eyelid lesion
88305 - Resection of nasal side of left lower eyelid skin biopsy
88331 - Frozen Section Block
88331 - Frozen Section Block
88332 - Frozen Section Block

Final Pathological Diagnosis
LEFT LOWER EYELID LESION, EXCISION:
EYELID WITH PREVIOUS BIOPSY SITE CHANGES
NEGATIVE FOR RESIDUAL CARCINOMA
LEFT LOWER EYELID NASAL SIDE, RE-EXCISION:
SKIN WITH MILD ACTINIC DAMAGE
NEGATIVE FOR CARCINOMA

CLINICAL INFORMATION:
Basal cell carcinoma left lower eyelid. Resection of eyelid basal cell cancer and reconstruction

MACROSCOPIC EXAMINATION:
The specimens are received fresh for frozen section identified with the patient's name. Specimen A is designated "left lower eyelid", consists of a wedge shaped excision of tan-white eyelid with lashes measuring 0.9 x 0.8 x 0.3 cm. The specimen is oriented by the surgeon. The lateral margin is inked blue and the medial margin is inked green. The inferior apex is frozen in A1. The rest of the specimen is sectioned transversely and submitted in cassette
A2. The frozen section residua are resubmitted entirely in cassettes RA1 and RA2.
FROZEN SECTION IMPRESSION: NO CARCINOMA IDENTIFIED

Specimen B is designated "resection of nasal side of left lower eyelid", consists of a minute irregularly shaped excision of tan-white skin measuring 4 mm in greatest dimension. The specimen is frozen entirely in B1. The frozen section residuum is resubmitted entirely in cassette RB1.
FROZEN SECTION IMPRESSION: NO CARCINOMA IDENTIFIED

Would appreciate any help offered.