• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ & read the forum rules. To view all forums, post or create a new thread, you must be an AAPC Member. If you are a member and have already registered for member area and forum access, you can log in by clicking here. If you've forgotten your username or password use our password reminder tool. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • We're introducing new features and a new look to make the forums easier to use and more valuable to you. See what's new and let us know what you think!

cmcgarry

Best answers
Most insurances don't cover very many routine vaccinations for adults. I would check with the payer to see if this is a contract exclusion (in which case you can usually bill the patient). Each payer has different policies; and even different groups can purchase different benefits.

On a personal note - I had my booster (Tdap) and didn't even expect the insurance to pay for it - but of course, I work for insurance so I should know my own benefits!:)

If your EOB puts it to patient responsibility, it is probably non-covered and you can bill the patient; if, however, they put it to provider and want you to write it off, I would be calling them.

Hope this helps,