• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ & read the forum rules. To view all forums, post or create a new thread, you must be an AAPC Member. If you are a member and have already registered for member area and forum access, you can log in by clicking here. If you've forgotten the password it can be reset on our sign in section by entering your registered Email Address or Username here. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below..

93010 or 93000

asims2008

Guest
Messages
8
I need some help with these two codes...we are getting denials from MCR for EKG's that are done at the hospital...I have been billing it as 93000-26 but it is saying that the modifier is inconsistent with the procedure code...do I need to start billing it as 93010 and would that need a 26 modifier!! Thanks!
 
I need some help with these two codes...we are getting denials from MCR for EKG's that are done at the hospital...I have been billing it as 93000-26 but it is saying that the modifier is inconsistent with the procedure code...do I need to start billing it as 93010 and would that need a 26 modifier!! Thanks!

93000 = global code; billed in office

93010 = professional code; billed in hospital
 
Top