• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ & read the forum rules. To view all forums, post or create a new thread, you must be an AAPC Member. If you are a member and have already registered for member area and forum access, you can log in by clicking here. If you've forgotten your username or password use our password reminder tool. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • We're introducing new features and a new look to make the forums easier to use and more valuable to you. See what's new and let us know what you think!

93306 181 Denials (inappropriate code)

Best answers
Half a few denials for 181 (Inappropriate code for these services) from AmeriHealth-Caritas. After speaking with them on the phone they told me that because a second study was done within a 6 month period I need to use a follow up code instead. Could anyone point me in the direction of what they may be referring to? Or is this just a write off as non covered service? Thank you in advance for your help.

ellis3350

Contributor
Best answers
follow up echo

If an echo is being done within 6 months and nothing new is found, you may want to look at 93308 with possibly adding 93321 and 93325.