Wiki 95165 Billing & Preparation Question

altman76

New
Best answers
For CPT 95165 it states in the description "preparation". So what is interpreted as the preparation? Is it the mixing or just preparing to administer to the patient? Also is mixing to be performed on site for the allergen extract or can it be mixed off site then brought in? We have heard that we should use box 20 on the claim form when antigen is mixed in another location and we purchase it. Is the case and what information do we need to have.

Thank you anyone who can assist with these questions before our ENT comes on board.

The preparation is the mixing of the antigens, for the administration you'll bill 95117 or 95115. Is the other site already billing the mixing? We do all our stuff in house but I know that for the patients that take their serum to another clinic for administration, the other clinic can only bill for the injections. I'm not sure about when it's purchased from another site.
I hope this helps some!

For CPT 95165 it states in the description "preparation". So what is interpreted as the preparation? Is it the mixing or just preparing to administer to the patient? Also is mixing to be performed on site for the allergen extract or can it be mixed off site then brought in? We have heard that we should use box 20 on the claim form when antigen is mixed in another location and we purchase it. Is the case and what information do we need to have.

Thank you anyone who can assist with these questions before our ENT comes on board.
Hi. Did you ever find a solid answer for your original questions. I have the same question and have not come up with a solid answer in my search yet.

Thanks Niki