Wiki 95992 Canalith Repositioning Procedure

Kevinph84

Best answers
My Fellow Coders,

:confused: I have a question regarding the new CPT code 95992 -Standard Canalith Repositioning Procedure(s) (e.g. Epley Maneuver, Sermont maneuver).

I am curious to see if anybody has tried using the code with success for an ENT specialty. My concern is from what I have read, Medicare seems to be refering to physical therapy. If that's true, would we still use 92700 for otolarynologist?

I found numerous other articles pointing towards the usage of 95992, but nothing with concrete support. :(

Your advice and help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you! :)

This is an entirely new procedure code as of 01/01/09. Prior to that, we needed to use an unlisted procedure code. I haven't had the need to use it yet. I'm interested in the outcome of this trail.

KathyP

We have tried to bill 95992 to Medicare and they are not paying. They have stated per CMS it will always be bundled. We would have to provide the sevice on a seperate day than the office visit. Even though this code is now billed under the audiologist with their own NPI. We hav not tried filing to any other Payor.