Wiki 96372 - When it it appropriate to use this code?

cpatty476

New
Best answers
When it it appropriate to use this code? For what type of injections? I have begun billing for a PCP and she bills this with an office visit and the 96372 gets paid but the office visit gets denied. Can both be billed and in what situations?

This is used for NON-immunizations. So things like B-12, testostorone, etc. It can billed with an office visit with a -25 modifier attached to the visit.

Billing 96372 to HAP

I am receiveing denials on code 96372 when the pt supplies their own meds. Previously we were told to bill the 96372 with mod -59 and it would always get covered. This year, we are getting denials from HAP stating "add-on codes must not be reported as stand-alone codes". Does anyone know the trick to billing these or are they no longer covering injections only??? HELP!!!

we always put a 25 on the ov if there is one and then bill the 96372 along with the J code with a .01 charge which is then adjusted off. I have found that several carriers will not pay an injection charge without the J code being listed.

I have also put the mod 25 on the office visit and used the above code for B12 we give in the office. I have recently found they are denying the 96372 even though I have added the mod 25 to the OV. I have never used the J code on the claim. Could this be why? Not an issue before but recently have received the denial on the 96372. Thanks!:confused: