Wiki 97550 Caregiver training

txtward

New
Best answers
Does anyone know if the new CPT caregiver training code 97550 will cover training caregivers on patient wound care at a wound care clinic?

I don't believe that 97750 would be appropriate for wound care training of a caregiver as the code is defined as:

Caregiver training in strategies and techniques to facilitate the patient's functional performance in the home or community (eg, activities of daily living [ADLs], instrumental ADLs [iADLs], transfers, mobility, communication, swallowing, feeding, problem solving, safety practices) (without the patient present), face to face;

Wound care isn't about ADLs.

I don't believe that 97750 would be appropriate for wound care training of a caregiver as the code is defined as:

Caregiver training in strategies and techniques to facilitate the patient's functional performance in the home or community (eg, activities of daily living [ADLs], instrumental ADLs [iADLs], transfers, mobility, communication, swallowing, feeding, problem solving, safety practices) (without the patient present), face to face;

Wound care isn't about ADLs.
That is what I thought as well, but I told them I would ask. Thank you for your response.