Wiki 99050

Dillon

New
Best answers
Is it appropriate to bill 99050 for patients seen during early morning hours before regularly scheduled office hours? The hours are not posted, but there is staff/providers scheduled to be in the office to see patients. I have read you should bill this code for anything before 8am, but I have also read from AAP: "Do not report when the physician/other qualified health care professional* is scheduled to be in the office with support staff, even if patients are not schedule."

Hi Dillon:)
Yes you can bill CPT 99050 per the CPT manual pg 749 year 2022 CPT manual. It states holiday ,weekend hour or hours in which office not open yet or other than scheduled open hours in addition to other CPT codes billed for the day. I do not think you can use this as regular CPT code if clinical staff not in the office to treat pt. I d not bill if pt waiting hour for clinical staff get in. This is just some more information to think about.
Have a good day!
Lady T(y)

Hi Dillon:)
Yes you can bill CPT 99050 per the CPT manual pg 749 year 2022 CPT manual. It states holiday ,weekend hour or hours in which office not open yet or other than scheduled open hours in addition to other CPT codes billed for the day. I do not think you can use this as regular CPT code if clinical staff not in the office to treat pt. I d not bill if pt waiting hour for clinical staff get in. This is just some more information to think about.
Have a good day!
Lady T(y)
Thank you!