• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ & read the forum rules. To view all forums, post or create a new thread, you must be an AAPC Member. If you are a member and have already registered for member area and forum access, you can log in by clicking here. If you've forgotten the password it can be reset on our sign in section by entering your registered Email Address or Username here. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below..

99213 vs 99214 - I am only a CPC-A and I have to

suzannereed

Guest
Messages
65
I am only a CPC-A and I have to do an audit on a family doctor's coding of 99213 vs. 99214. We think the doctor may be undercoding. I didn't learn how to do an audit in school. Can anyone steer me in the right direction? Any help or advice would be appreciated.
 
99213 vs 99214

First find out which guidelines the office is using. 95 vs 97 guidelines. On the medicare website there are tools to do an EM audit, and the tool pertains to both the 95 & 97 guidelines. Hope this helps
 
Top