Wiki A [little] more from CMS about new modifiers

With regard to the new POS codes for telehealth, I am trying to understand what this means for Medicare from the link above. Does this mean Medicare will not recognize POS Codes 02 and 10, even though the CMS website states otherwise elsewhere? (https://www.cms.gov/medicare/medica...anfeesched/downloads/website-pos-database.pdf)

"CMS makes note of a change in the Place of Service (POS) code 02 and 10 in the wider health care insurance industry, but CMS telehealth claims will continue to recognize the previous POS 02 code as "Telehealth" (The location where health services and health related services are provided or received, through a telecommunication system. (Effective January 1, 2017). CMS currently disregards any POS reference to the "Telehealth and the Patient's Home", in the Place of Service (POS) codes 02 and 10. Please follow the directions and requirements of CR 12427, NEW/MODIFICATIONS TO THE PLACE OF SERVICE (POS) CODES FOR TELEHEALTH.

With regard to the new POS codes for telehealth, I am trying to understand what this means for Medicare from the link above. Does this mean Medicare will not recognize POS Codes 02 and 10, even though the CMS website states otherwise elsewhere? (https://www.cms.gov/medicare/medica...anfeesched/downloads/website-pos-database.pdf)

"CMS makes note of a change in the Place of Service (POS) code 02 and 10 in the wider health care insurance industry, but CMS telehealth claims will continue to recognize the previous POS 02 code as "Telehealth" (The location where health services and health related services are provided or received, through a telecommunication system. (Effective January 1, 2017). CMS currently disregards any POS reference to the "Telehealth and the Patient's Home", in the Place of Service (POS) codes 02 and 10. Please follow the directions and requirements of CR 12427, NEW/MODIFICATIONS TO THE PLACE OF SERVICE (POS) CODES FOR TELEHEALTH.
Hi there, CMS wants practices to keep using POS 02 for all original telehealth services (patient is at a designated originating site, etc) but MACs have to upgrade their systems to accept POS 10. From the Change Request:

Contractors shall not reject nor deny telehealth claims with POS = 10. Contractors shall treat any telehealth claims with POS = 10 as POS 02, and leave the POS 10 intact, as received on the claim.

The potential issue is that CMS gave MACs until April 4 to implement the change. If a MAC receives a claim with POS 10 before it has implemented the change, its system may deny the claim because it doesn't recognize the code.

I am confused about this change. Do we use this new information until the Federal Gov't declares and end to the PHE or do we go by our state's declaration? The Governor in my state declared an end to the emergency. We need some assistance moving forward. Any thoughts?

I am confused about this change. Do we use this new information until the Federal Gov't declares and end to the PHE or do we go by our state's declaration? The Governor in my state declared an end to the emergency. We need some assistance moving forward. Any thoughts?
NGS is our local Mac and they advised in a webinar last week to not use POS 10 or 02 until the end of the PHE. We Will continue to bill as POS 11 and modifier 95.