Wiki A provider wrote DX like this>How do you code?

Usually the codes I will get for that type of scenario will be

A41.51 - Sepsis with e. coli
N13.6 - infectious/obstructive nephrolithiasis/pyelonephritis
R65.21 - septic shock

from the above statement, you might be looking at the above codes, now depending on what exactly the patient was admitted for, you codes may vary in which one goes first. Was the patient admitted for sepsis? or for the underlying infectious condition?

You can definitely find more informatino on ICD-10-CM guidelines for Chapter 1.

Usually the codes I will get for that type of scenario will be

A41.51 - Sepsis with e. coli
N13.6 - infectious/obstructive nephrolithiasis/pyelonephritis
R65.21 - septic shock

from the above statement, you might be looking at the above codes, now depending on what exactly the patient was admitted for, you codes may vary in which one goes first. Was the patient admitted for sepsis? or for the underlying infectious condition?

You can definitely find more informatino on ICD-10-CM guidelines for Chapter 1.

That is the 1st listed DX written exactly like it was on the note and all I have to go on because it doesn't state why the patient is being admitted other than discussing an emergent nephrostomy placement. I was looking at the N16 to capture the sepsis & pyelonephritis but wasn't capturing the obstructive nephrolithiasis only the nephrolithiasis.

I see,

Usually when a patient has kidney stones, obstruction, and infection, your index guides you to N13.6, and of course sepsis needs to be separately coded.