Wiki AAPC E/M calculator issues

Best answers
I am working through Practicode and consistently use the e/m calculator for every e/m case.
However, 99% of the time I am getting the wrong code (which I proceed to enter), even though the rationale shows everything I had marked in the calculator.
Is anyone else having this issue? What am I doing wrong?

I am working through Practicode and consistently use the e/m calculator for every e/m case.
However, 99% of the time I am getting the wrong code (which I proceed to enter), even though the rationale shows everything I had marked in the calculator.
Is anyone else having this issue? What am I doing wrong?

Is time documented in the notes? E/M visits can be leveled by MDM or time, whichever is more advantageous to the provider.

For example, if you have a visit that would be 99213 by MDM and 99214 by time, you'd use the 99214.

Is time documented in the notes? E/M visits can be leveled by MDM or time, whichever is more advantageous to the provider.

For example, if you have a visit that would be 99213 by MDM and 99214 by time, you'd use the 99214.
There are no times listed.
One more question - what do we choose for complexity if there are 2 acute problems listed? It's just really not well-laid out.