Wiki AAPC vs Optum360 Code Books

My personal opinion is that for ICD10 and HCPCS, I've never seen books that made my coding easier or more difficult.
For CPT, I hate the AMA version (unless you must use it for an exam) as either Optum360 or AAPC versions both give more information to help in real world coding. Both give facility & nonfacility RVUs, global days, etc. There may be some specific jobs where the information in 1 is more helpful then the information in the other. I prefer the AAPC version for the simple reason of cost. Of course, if I felt Optum360 was better, I would cough up the extra $50. For me, it just doesn't matter.
PS - I RARELY use paper books anymore regardless. An online encoder will give far more helpful information than any printed version.

My personal opinion is that for ICD10 and HCPCS, I've never seen books that made my coding easier or more difficult.
For CPT, I hate the AMA version (unless you must use it for an exam) as either Optum360 or AAPC versions both give more information to help in real world coding. Both give facility & nonfacility RVUs, global days, etc. There may be some specific jobs where the information in 1 is more helpful then the information in the other. I prefer the AAPC version for the simple reason of cost. Of course, if I felt Optum360 was better, I would cough up the extra $50. For me, it just doesn't matter.
PS - I RARELY use paper books anymore regardless. An online encoder will give far more helpful information than any printed version.
Actually, it looks like the Optum360 version is cheaper if you have a promo code.

For ICD-10, the Optum books are a great deal on the website, I paid about 60 bucks for their 2022 version. However Bucks ICD-10 is awesome because they put the coding guidelines before the chapter but also above the code set, so you don't have to flip to the guidelines because it's before the code set, I will say its expensive but it's worth it.

I got the Optum360 version and find it ...very lacking... when it comes to guidelines and such. Also, the print is very small & the includes/excludes notes aren't as clear as on the AMA version. I'll deal thru for this year but likely won't purchase again unless I change my mind after a few months of using them.

I am taking AAPC and was given 4 months to
What?! Finish studying??? I know that your
Date of purchase?? I had to wait for my
Study Guide & began studying on the end of
January.. Is that , being the start date? And in
April?? What does it mean to have 4 months
To WHAT Finish course?? I have been asking
4 months & grace period?? Please reply

4 months & grace period?? Please reply? My
E-mail : mabturner@hotmail. com

4 months & grace period?? Please reply
You should contact AAPC directly with your question. This is a forum read by fellow coders.
When you are logged into your AAPC account click "Support" in the top right and should be provided with phone #, chat option, self service questions, and online form option.