Wiki Ambulatory Surgery Center Fee Schedule

Are you talking about a master charge list or a payer fee schedule?

The former is a master list maintained by a facility or practice of all their base charge amounts for each service. A payer fee schedule is a list compiled by a payer of what they will pay for each contracted service. I do not know of any resources that compile the various commercial payers in one place. That doesn't mean they don't exist, just that I have not heard of them. Often (if not always) the fee schedule will be determined by the contract in place, which will vary from provider to provider. In addition the reimbursement for a particular service can vary wildly across different payers. I guess the root of my question is, are you looking for what you should bill, or what you should be reimbursed?

If you're trying to update what you charge, you might look into an encoderpro license, which has CMS reimbursement data from every state. That won't help directly with what to bill to commercial, but you can add a percentage to the medicare reimbursement and go from there.

If you're trying to get a better handle on what you should be reimbursed from commercials, I don't have many suggestions. The most important documents will be the contract and any policy determinations relating to that payer.

I am referring to a master charge list for multiple procedures. The facility is out of network with all payers and they do not accept Medicare assignment. They have asked for me to assist them in determining a fee schedule.