Wiki Ambulatory Surgery Center

rfranzen

New
Best answers
Looking to create a multi specialty ASC in our area. I am reaching out to see if there is anyone out there who is part of one. If so, what specialties and procedures are you performing there? Or if you're a dedicated specialty in the following areas, Women's Care, GI, Vascular, can you let me know what specific procedures are done.

Any information would be helpful!

Becky

Women's Care:
-Dilation and Curettage, Treatment of missed abortion
-Hysteroscopy, fibroid removal, endometrial ablation, ESSURE implantation, conization, fulguration of oviducts
-Lap Hysterectomy
-Breast biopsies, repair, mastopexy, reduction mamaplasty, insertion of breast prosthesis, tissue expanders

GI:
-EGD, diagnostic, biopsy, lesion/polyp removal, guide wire/balloon dilation, bravo capsule
-Colonoscopy, colorectal cancer screening, diagnostic, biopsies, lesion/polyp removal
-Hernia repair
-Fissurectomy, Hemorrhoidectomy, Fistulotomy, Chemodenervation of sphincter

Vascular:
-vascular port insertion/removal
-varicose vein treatment, ligation/stripping/excision, injection sclerotherapy, radiofrequency, laser

The centers I code and bill for do everything.
General, Plastics, Breast, Ortho, Spine, Podiatry/Hand, Rheumatology, ENT, Vascular, GI, Pain Management, Sports Medicine, Urology, Neuro, Ophthalmology, OBGYN.

If you ever need a coder/biller for your ASC, feel free to reach out to me. :)

Women's Care:
-Dilation and Curettage, Treatment of missed abortion
-Hysteroscopy, fibroid removal, endometrial ablation, ESSURE implantation, conization, fulguration of oviducts
-Lap Hysterectomy
-Breast biopsies, repair, mastopexy, reduction mamaplasty, insertion of breast prosthesis, tissue expanders

GI:
-EGD, diagnostic, biopsy, lesion/polyp removal, guide wire/balloon dilation, bravo capsule
-Colonoscopy, colorectal cancer screening, diagnostic, biopsies, lesion/polyp removal
-Hernia repair
-Fissurectomy, Hemorrhoidectomy, Fistulotomy, Chemodenervation of sphincter

Vascular:
-vascular port insertion/removal
-varicose vein treatment, ligation/stripping/excision, injection sclerotherapy, radiofrequency, laser

The centers I code and bill for do everything.
General, Plastics, Breast, Ortho, Spine, Podiatry/Hand, Rheumatology, ENT, Vascular, GI, Pain Management, Sports Medicine, Urology, Neuro, Ophthalmology, OBGYN.

If you ever need a coder/biller for your ASC, feel free to reach out to me. :)
Hi Stephan

Please advise regarding the below scenario

I hope I can get someone to shed some light on this issue.

Physician E&M service and facility infusion on the same day-

So in multiple sclerosis clinic, often times, the physician ends up seeing the patient on the same day as infusion therapy that is billed by the facility.

Since the clinic and infusion suite is hospital owned, there is conflict on how the physician services should be billed.

Following CPT guidelines, if there is a significant and separate identifiable E&M it should be billable, however, since both the infusion suite and physician clinic is hospital based/owned the POS for both location I believe would be 22. I know the facility is reporting an E&M + infusion codes, but would the physician E&M also be billed? If so, is it with modifier 25 or w/o? If not, is it because there is already an E&M code the facility is billing? Can J codes be billed under physician services?

Thanks