• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ & read the forum rules. To view all forums, post or create a new thread, you must be an AAPC Member. If you are a member and have already registered for member area and forum access, you can log in by clicking here. If you've forgotten your username or password use our password reminder tool. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • We're introducing new features and a new look to make the forums easier to use and more valuable to you. See what's new and let us know what you think!

another 95251 question -- different from below

smros

Contributor
Best answers
I also have a question on billing ambulatory blood glucose monitoring.

What documentation is required to bill a 95251 -- ambulatory continuous glucose monitoring of interstitial tissue fluid via a subcutaneous sensor for a minimum of 72 hours, interpretation and report?

One of my offices uses a Medtronic sensor that prints out a report with a graph of times and glucose levels along with a bolus given. The physician has written a few notes to make changes in the number of units given, and says "lease call patient with changes."

I am not sure if this meets documentation requirements. It seems pretty sparce.

Thanks!

Jbeck@karuk.us

Contributor
Best answers
Billing 95251

I also have a question on billing ambulatory blood glucose monitoring.

What documentation is required to bill a 95251 -- ambulatory continuous glucose monitoring of interstitial tissue fluid via a subcutaneous sensor for a minimum of 72 hours, interpretation and report?

I had this question as well, although I did find some guidelines in this webinar: https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=6&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwilr-jq_KLiAhXIxFQKHQO9C60QFjAFegQICBAC&url=http://choosehealth.utah.gov/documents/pdfs/DSMT-Webinars/Medicare_CGMS_Reimbursement_4-30-15.pdf&usg=AOvVaw1gC7XyV3bxVMSgHrzAfDVX

But I would like to know when the guidelines say the code can only be billed once a month, do they mean a calendar month (as in; billed in Feb, can be billed again in March) OR does it have to be a full month between dates (billed 2/25, can't be billed again until 3/25)?? Can anyone provide some guidance on this issue?

Thank you in advance!!
Janet Beck, CPC