Wiki Ansi files

par035

Best answers
I have a question and I am not sure where I should post this under:

My office purchased a new EMR/Practice Management Software, and we have had trouble with getting paid because of serveral issues, but the one that concerns me most is that I was told by this company that all billers know about what information is needed in ANSI files; ie: what segment and loop, ect.

I have never needed to know this information with my old software vendor; if there was a change or a problem they called me and fixed it. If I had a denial and called them they knew where to fix it and they did.

What I am asking is this correct? Am I as the certified biller and office manager suppose to know this information? I am told to call each insurance company and see where they want the information.

Has anyone else experienced this problem?

Thank you.

My office purchased a new EMR/Practice Management Software, and we have had trouble with getting paid because of serveral issues, but the one that concerns me most is that I was told by this company that all billers know about what information is needed in ANSI files; ie: what segment and loop, ect.

I have never needed to know this information with my old software vendor; if there was a change or a problem they called me and fixed it. If I had a denial and called them they knew where to fix it and they did.

What I am asking is this correct? Am I as the certified biller and office manager suppose to know this information? I am told to call each insurance company and see where they want the information.

Thank you.

Refer this information to your software company. This is from CMS and they should be able to answer their questions.

http://www.cms.gov/Medicare/Billing/ElectronicBillingEDITrans/index.html

Thank you.

You software vendor should be set up to send the correct file format. If they are not, then you need to be looking at other PM vendors.