Wiki Any codes for form completion?

cmtl

Best answers
:confused:Do any codes exist for form completion for a patient? Our two most frequent requests are disability and "History & Physical" or pre-operative clearance. My biggest problem is for the H & P requests. We won't complete one if we haven't seen the patient more than 30 days from the surgical date. Are there any specific coding/billing secrets out there? We have just been billing our standard form completion charge but if there is a more accurate way to bill I would be interested. Thank you!

We usually only bill out form completion if it is NOT part of a service we are already billing, for example - pt comes in for sports physical with a form, form is included in the physical; pre-op H+P, school physicals same way. If a pt comes in after the fact with papers to be completed, we bill the 99080. When I came here they have it set up so it is billed in 15 minute increments so the costs reflect the volume of work it requires the provider to complete it.

99080 will be bundled with an E&M. as a freestanding code it is billable with 1 unit, it is not a timed code and cannot be billed in timed increments.