Wiki Anyone else have trouble shifting jobs?

Best answers
Okay, I have managed a Family Medicine Clinic for 25 years. Passed the CPC in Dec with no problems. Now have the opportunity to do some remote coding/auditing, which is the whole reason I got certified. Now I am scared to death to perform coding for someone else!!??? Anybody else have that same problem? All of the sudden I don't feel that I could do it right. It is like I feel like I don't know anything.......! Help!

I've been in the business for 20 something years. I took a new job coder/auditor, I feel the same way. All of a sudden I am second guessing everything I do. It is a horrible feeling. I hope it gets better. I don't want to say "your doing this wrong, because what if I'm wrong.

I caught myself nodding to both of your posts. Adjusting to a new position is stressful and may take 6-12 months to get into the groove. I think worry is inherent to maturity. I use a simple relaxation technique of taking 10 deep breaths (inhaling through the nose and exhaling slowly through the mouth) whenever those feelings of self-doubt and anxiety occur.