Wiki Arthoscopic surgery

tschrader

Networker
Best answers
Hello!
My doctor performed arthroscopic acromioplasty only. He did not do a decompression of the subacromial space so therefore I cannot use 29826. Would I use a open code for this? He also performed in the same surgery release of adhesions and debridement of a rotator cuff tear. Would it be included in on eof the other procedures? Please let me know anything. This one has me stuck!

Thank you!!

Hello,
I would use 29825 -with lysis and resection of adhesion, with or without manipulation. I'm on vaction and I just looked in the 08 cpt because my 09 is at work. check it out see if your doc can use the resection for the debribement part. Hope I helped.

Hello!
My doctor performed arthroscopic acromioplasty only. He did not do a decompression of the subacromial space so therefore I cannot use 29826. Would I use a open code for this? He also performed in the same surgery release of adhesions and debridement of a rotator cuff tear. Would it be included in on eof the other procedures? Please let me know anything. This one has me stuck!

Thank you!!

You can't use an open code if something is done arthroscopically. You would have to use unlisted procedure, arthroscopy 29999. And, 29825 for lysis of adhesions, and 29822 for limited debridement of a rotator cuff. Hope that helps. :)