Wiki AthenaHealth HELP!

idgrant

New
Best answers
The company I work for just started using AthenaHealth. I can't figure anything out and their support is awful. I hate the webinars and inquired about one on one training and was told they don't do that unless you are a big practice with more than 10 doctors. Anyone know where I can find someone to do one on one training for just a few hours? I hate this system so far!

We use the Centricity Product through Athenahealth. They are very difficult and help is pretty much non-existent. Which product are you using?

We use the Centricity Product through Athenahealth. They are very difficult and help is pretty much non-existent. Which product are you using?
To be honest, I don't even know! I just got thrown into this trying to help out an old friend. She told me it was "easy" and would be a breeze so I agreed. She gave me a login and I watched a few of their webinars and find it to be horrendous to follow! I am jut looking for someone to do a few hours of training one to one. I am MUCH better that way but Athena said they don't do that and the webinars are sufficient. Any ideas? I can't seem to find anyone that does outside training ... ughhhh!!!

So sorry you are struggling! Unfortunately, their onsite 'help' wasn't much better. Keep working through it! It is a very difficult system and their remittance postings have been the worst I have ever seen. The more you use the system, the easier it will get. Their online 'training' is pretty worthless, but you might glean an idea or two. Keep at it!! Don't let it beat YOU!!

I am so sorry to hear that they selected Athena. Lots of money will be lost to the practice.......they do not know or care to know the correct way to manage billing. No effort will be made to resolve your issues, EVER.
They will take the easy money and leave the practice to deal with anything complex.

I have 5 years of Athena Experience and actually had a chance to do some training with the software developers when they first came to Austin, TX. They are always trying to improve their processes which can be hard on the biller. I think it's practical for small offices and should not be used for big corporations but overall I enjoyed it! Feel free to reach out to me if you still need any help.

Cindy

Good Luck …...I work for an Ohio W/C payor and have had nothing but headaches trying to assist Athena personnel with (admittedly wacky Ohio W/C bills/payments). They continue to bill TONS of huge provider's HCFAs with wrong Servicing/Payto# in wrong boxes so payments go to wrong addresses many times. I can even tell just from the PO Box# in Belfast, ME when I'm talking with Providers and trying to help them sort out our payments. Good luck! I even offered to their Vice President a few years ago to remote in to phone meeting and explain "how to bill Ohio W/C" (for free on my personal time) and they never took me up on it.

I have 5 years of Athena Experience and actually had a chance to do some training with the software developers when they first came to Austin, TX. They are always trying to improve their processes which can be hard on the biller. I think it's practical for small offices and should not be used for big corporations but overall I enjoyed it! Feel free to reach out to me if you still need any help.

Cindy
Hello Cindy,
Do you know how to delete the incorrect cpt code, when the claim in DROP status. Thanks in advance .