Wiki Avastin Units, ASC Billing

Best answers
Hi, I need some help calculating units based on the Avastin solution used. I see for ASC billing that HCPCS C9257 should be used (Bevacizumab, 0.25mg), but the packaging I was given shows Bevacizumab 2.5mg/0.1mL (Solution for Injection in 1mL). The billing sheet I received has an amount used of 0.05mL. The conflict between the HCPCS descriptor and the actual packaging is completely throwing me off. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated, thank you in advance!

Hi, I need some help calculating units based on the Avastin solution used. I see for ASC billing that HCPCS C9257 should be used (Bevacizumab, 0.25mg), but the packaging I was given shows Bevacizumab 2.5mg/0.1mL (Solution for Injection in 1mL). The billing sheet I received has an amount used of 0.05mL. The conflict between the HCPCS descriptor and the actual packaging is completely throwing me off. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated, thank you in advance!
Multiply the volume given by the strength to convert it to the dosage given, then convert that dose into the number of units to be billed:

If 0.05 ml was used, that's half of the 0.1 ml which contains the 2.5 mg. That equates to a total dose of 1.25 mg given (0.05 X 2.5/.01 = 1.25), which is 5 units of 0.25 mg (1.25/0.25 = 5). So you'd bill 5 units on the HCPCS code C9257.

Multiply the volume given by the strength to convert it to the dosage given, then convert that dose into the number of units to be billed:

If 0.05 ml was used, that's half of the 0.1 ml which contains the 2.5 mg. That equates to a total dose of 1.25 mg given (0.05 X 2.5/.01 = 1.25), which is 5 units of 0.25 mg (1.25/0.25 = 5). So you'd bill 5 units on the HCPCS code C9257.
This is going in my note binder...thank you so much!