Wiki Axillary Arm Mass- ?

codedog

True Blue
Best answers
I am stuck on this one . Would 24071 be the right code to choose from, or 1140x,doc office says use 11451 but I dont see Hidradenitis anywhere in this report. Axillary in this report is closest to arm according to notes. Path Report came back as a Lipoma. In path report it stated the skin ellipse measured 7.5 x5 cm and the fibrofatty tissue that measure 10 x 7 x4 cm. here is operative report

PREOPERATIVE DIAGNOSIS: Right axillary mass.

POSTOPERATIVE DIAGNOSIS: Right axillary mass.

PROCEDURE PERFORMED: Excision of right axillary mass.

PROCEDURE IN DETAIL: After adequate premedication, the patient was taken to the operating room and placed on the operating room table in a supine position. General anesthesia was administered. Right axillary area was prepped and draped in a sterile fashion. An elliptical incision was made encompassing the majority of the excess tissue. This was deepened down through to the axillary fascia, appeared to be only excessive axillary fat. Once the excision had been completed, the bleeding was controlled with a cautery. The wound was closed with 3-0 Vicryl on the deep tissues and subcuticular Monocryl on the skin. Blood loss was minimal. The patient tolerated the procedures and taken to recovery in stable condition.

Thank you for your time , any feedback is appreciate:) trent

I am stuck on this one . Would 24071 be the right code to choose from, or 1140x,doc office says use 11451 but I dont see Hidradenitis anywhere in this report. Axillary in this report is closest to arm according to notes. Path Report came back as a Lipoma. In path report it stated the skin ellipse measured 7.5 x5 cm and the fibrofatty tissue that measure 10 x 7 x4 cm. here is operative report

PREOPERATIVE DIAGNOSIS: Right axillary mass.

POSTOPERATIVE DIAGNOSIS: Right axillary mass.

PROCEDURE PERFORMED: Excision of right axillary mass.

PROCEDURE IN DETAIL: After adequate premedication, the patient was taken to the operating room and placed on the operating room table in a supine position. General anesthesia was administered. Right axillary area was prepped and draped in a sterile fashion. An elliptical incision was made encompassing the majority of the excess tissue. This was deepened down through to the axillary fascia, appeared to be only excessive axillary fat. Once the excision had been completed, the bleeding was controlled with a cautery. The wound was closed with 3-0 Vicryl on the deep tissues and subcuticular Monocryl on the skin. Blood loss was minimal. The patient tolerated the procedures and taken to recovery in stable condition.

Thank you for your time , any feedback is appreciate:) trent

Based on the description, I vote for 24071. If you go with the 1140x series then you need to include a repair code cause it is a layered closure.