• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ & read the forum rules. To view all forums, post or create a new thread, you must be an AAPC Member. If you are a member and have already registered for member area and forum access, you can log in by clicking here. If you've forgotten the password it can be reset on our sign in section by entering your registered Email Address or Username here. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below..

Bariatric lack of satiety lap band

lindacoder

Guest
Messages
282
Location
Northeast Kansas AAPC
With the new ICD-9 codes starting Oct 1, I have a patient that has no restriction with 9 cc in so we are doing an EGD to check for band slip. The new codes for bariatic complications show I would use 539.09 but I need addtional code to specify the complication. It was my understanding they want to get away from the 997.4 and 996.59, so does anyone have any ideas what to use for secondary code??

Thanks for your help.
 
Top