Wiki Bill Medicaid for Lactation/ breast feeding classes.

Best answers
Can professionals who are licensed with Lactation, bill Medicaid for classes provided at the county community center.
If so what codes can be used for billing. So far, my team has HCPCS code S9443 (Lactation Classes, non-physician provider, per session.) Can we use this code, please advise. Thanks in advance.

You will have to check with your state's Medicaid to find out if these services would be covered.

I just googled my state ("NY State Medicaid lactation consultant services") and it appears that NY state will cover professionals who are International Board Certified Lactation Consultants (IBCLC) but your state may not.

You will have to check with your state's Medicaid to find out if these services would be covered.

I just googled my state ("NY State Medicaid lactation consultant services") and it appears that NY state will cover professionals who are International Board Certified Lactation Consultants (IBCLC) but your state may not.

@cgaston - appreciate your response, I will check my state for coverage and will also check on the credentials for our professionals.