Wiki Bill type 0333- help!

pvang

Networker
Best answers
Hi everyone-

I know that alot of the questions posted on here are primarliy geared more towards Professional claims/billing, however, I'm hoping someone will know something about bill type 0333. Our claim scrubber system is flagging bill type 0333 as an invalid bill type. Does anyone have info on this or have any pointers for me to go and check this out? I've tried searching the CMS website and the Trailblazer website but nothing is coming up. Thanks!

PVang

Look in the UB 04 billing manual.. every digit in the bill type has meaning. 0333 is home health hospital based continuing interim claim. If this is the correct bill type then see if something else is not adding up.

Reimbursement Coordinator

I bill on a UB04 and we use bill type 831 it's at the top right hand corner box #4. If you have any questions you can call me at 404-778-4003

Are you a home health provider. Per the UB Editor 033X is for Home Health Providers only. This TOB reflects visits under a plan of treatment when the beneficiary has Part A entitlement only and for DME under part A

We are a carrier and the facility billing the 0333 is a home health agency. The claim details are as follows: DOS 11/10/2010 thru 11/15/2010, Rev code is 0551 Skilled Nursing- Visit Charge with a service unit of 1.

Is the bill type 0333 valid for Outpatient claims at all?

I'm confused and have little experience with facility billing. Thanks much for the help!

PVang

??

Any more takers on this one? I would really like to know if 0333 is valid for an oupatient claim. Thanks!