Wiki Billing 101

mamador2

Best answers
Are there some reccommendations for classes about the billing side of medical billing and coding. The coding I get, it's the billing, fee schedule calculations, and generally the lack of knowledge in the financial expertise of the field I work in (I know, a medical biller who doesn't know much about billing...).
I'm less than a year into this field and I love what I do, but need better tools in general, and my manager doesn't really have any formal training in the field of billing/coding, so I don't see her as a source of viable education in some of the more complicated situations that come up, and I want to move up to a more stable job environment someday, working in a small pain management/general practice clinic serving an entire community at the moment.
Anything sites, books, tools welcome, thank you :)

I looked through Amazon, seems like a few good options but I've never read them so I can't say for sure how educational they would be.

Billing for dummies for $18

Billing 101 for $108

It gets easier just being in the field for a long time, but starting out I just learned as I went and researched anything I could. What kinds of situations are you struggling with financially? Or what info do you need about fee schedule calculations?

Check out universalclass.com

I wanted to take some courses just for the heck of it (aromatherapy!) and saw they have medical billing and finance courses. I purchased a Groupon special at $79/year with unlimited courses (they have a TON!).

Lena