Wiki Billing Consultation’s

Best answers
Good Morning,

We are a Pediatric Therapy center for special needs kiddos. We had a mom show up for last visit without the child. Our therapist spent the time going over techniques to use and information for continued care. Are we able to bill for this visit even though kiddo was not there? And if so, can someone point me in the correct direction for coding and reimbursement.

Thanks
Christine

therapy without patient present

Hi,

Do the services and providers qualify for reporting as adaptive behavior treatment? If so, see 0370T, family adaptive behavior treatment guidance, administered by physician or other qualified health care professional (without the patient present). See the descriptions of these services in the Category III section of CPT.

If the service fits the CPT description of health and behavior assessment intervention, code 96155 might apply.

I hope this helps.

Cindy

Good Morning,

We are a Pediatric Therapy center for special needs kiddos. We had a mom show up for last visit without the child. Our therapist spent the time going over techniques to use and information for continued care. Are we able to bill for this visit even though kiddo was not there? And if so, can someone point me in the correct direction for coding and reimbursement.

Thanks
Christine