Wiki Billing for AIM's assessment

Best answers
Good afternoon,
Could anyone tell me if completing/documenting the Abnormal Involuntary Movement Scale Assessment is a billable service? It required every 6 months for anyone on an anti-psychotic medication. Is there a CPT/HCPCS code? Thank you in advance.

Did you find out if this Abnormal Involuntary Movement Scale Assessment is a billable service? I have been asked this question recently.

Maybe take a look at 96160 as a possibility? Otherwise, if the assessment is something that takes significant clinician time, you could consider leveling the visit based on total time.

Who is performing it, a psychiatrist? Have you looked at CPT Assistant at all for possible info? If it is billable, I agree it's probably in the 96XXX section. Otherwise, agree it would be integrated into an E/M if it is not billable.

Yes, completing the Abnormal Involuntary Movement Scale (AIMS) Assessment can be a billable service in some cases. The specific CPT/HCPCS code you'll use can vary depending on your location and the insurance provider's policies. It's a good idea to check with your local coding guidelines or reach out to the insurance company directly to confirm the code you should use.